Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Kinky


Me:  Oh my GAH you should see these adorable Elmo panties I bought today!

Her:   ????

Me:  Hello?

Her:  Um...

Me:  Oh my GOSH they're not for ME!  They're for the BABY!  We're potty training next week.

Her:  Oh thank goodness.  I thought Dave might've had some sort of fetish.

Me:  CAN YOU IMAGINE?  I bet there are people out there with Elmo fetishes!  I bet they wear Elmo panties and speak in reaaallly high-pitched voices to each other! 

The conversation deteriorated from there, as you might imagine.

3 comments:

  1. Haha thaks for the laugh!! I'm reading blogs while waiting for my labor to start this could have helped !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I got distracted after the part about you potty training when I know your baby just turned two. I am now off in mental la-la land fantasizing about a world where children actually potty train at age barely-two. Unlike mine, who insisted on wearing diapers well past barely-two. (Oh wait--I guess it doesn't matter anymore. Both my girls are potty trained. Whew. On to different cognitive territory. But not cognitive territory involving Elmo fetishes, thank you very much.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Shan - I'm normally not a go-getter on these sorts of milestones, but Paige is CONSTANTLY announcing "going pee pee" while pointing at her *ahem* parts. I figure if she's THAT aware of herself, I might as well train her now.

    Jenn - good luck with that baby! Comment and let us know when you deliver. Until then, HAPPY PUSHING : )

    ReplyDelete